ARET: 1100 Words
Begin & The End.
So, I always wanted to be participant in a Augmented realty game but never imagined to be part of a serious game for English learners in Iran, we started in May 2020 during the quarantine duo to the corona pandemic and finished the project in mid. Nov. We didn’t publish the game in Iran market because we want to present the game in “Serious Games Prize” competition. we figured that it can help us to improve our game and get the first feedbacks through academic process.
ARET is a Educational / AR Experience that is built with hope that enhance learning English specially for younger generation who are more engage with the new technologies.
The intended audience of this game is primarily for both genders from the age range of 7 years old and above.
- Android Platform
- iOS Platform
- Augmented Realty | AR Tech.
- 3D Serious Game
- Educational Content
- AR Foundation | AR Core
* There is no aggressive, dirty, or inappropriate language in this game.
Team Members | Alma Studio
Core Gameplay Mechanics
Core Gameplay Mechanic #1 – Camera
- We using AR Camera that is provided in by AR Foundation/ AR Core system.
- Core Gameplay Mechanic #2 – Single Learner
- So, this is a serious game with educational purposes and it has a mood of application if you will.
- Core Gameplay Mechanic #3 – Initial Setup
- After you logged in, you should give permission to game to use camera in order to get AR experience and after couple of second the camera is rolling and ready to capture intended pictures. so for instance you have picture of an “Apple” in your area that you can see through camera/screen, you can Listen to the words that you see and even test pronunciation that word.
Core Gameplay Mechanic #4 – Scoring System
- You collecting Apples by every pronunciation that is correct and for gaining health after playing to continue.
- You collecting Coins by every pronunciation that is correct and for paying to unlock new lessons.
- You collecting Hearts by every pronunciation that is correct and for continuing your exam after a mistake. every mistake is equal to one heart.
- Energy Bottle
- You collecting Energy Bottles by every pronunciation that is correct and for paying to unlock new Exams.
Core Gameplay Mechanic #5 –Status Trigger
- Communication Triggers
- When the player does something wrong, the game will communicate failure to the player by having a side character pop out from either one of the bottom two corners of the game screen. The side character will display visual and audio feedbacks to the player in terms of failure, either positive or negative ones depending on the state.