He’s Gonna Save Us!
Begin & The End.
We began to work on Hero of Galaxy in early April and it was done by end of the same year 2017. deadline was kind of open for this one since some of us was working in other companies to pay the bills, we did finished the game at the end.
We did work in evenings after worktime. we were very happy with the result. Hero of galaxy didn’t get as much support as we’ve expected but I believe this is part of journey too.
Hero of Galaxy is a Platformer game with one level and it will slowly get harder and harder through out the level as time goes by. Controllers are really easy to use and there is no learning process required to play the game. Therefore The intended audience of this game is primarily for both genders from the age range of 3 years old and above.
- Web HTML5
- 2D Game
- Arcade | Action
- Single Player
- Side Camera
* There is no aggressive, dirty, or inappropriate language in this game.
Core Gameplay Mechanics
- Core Gameplay Mechanic #1 – Camera
- There will be side camera . The camera move throughout the game as player moves left or right responsively.
- Core Gameplay Mechanic #2 – Single Player
- In this game, the player controls the Character(Hero) by using the arrow keys. This game is meant for a single player playing experience.
- Core Gameplay Mechanic #3 – Movement
- The player may choose to move the Character(Hero) within the game. if the player does not move the Character(Hero), it will remain still and exposed to NPCs(Enemy) for attack . To move Left or Right, the player has to either hit the Left-Arrow or Right-Arrow key, which moves the Character(Hero)Left or right and To move Up or Down, the player has to either hit the Up-Arrow or Down-Arrow key, which moves the Spaceship Up or Down.
- Core Gameplay Mechanic #4 – Initial Setup
- The Character(Hero) is going to spawn at starts at the Left of screen and the NPCs is being spawn responsively as Hero goes along. Depending on the difficulty level as you’ll see in the table in the stage difficulty section, the speed, health and jump power of the Character(Hero) is different, the amount of objects are varies. Depending on the stage, enemies might be spawned as well.
- Core Gameplay Mechanic #5 – Health
- The Character(Hero) has a health bar which decreases when he hits stars, enemy ships, laser bullets. When the health bar reaches zero, the Character(Hero) will be destroy, and the game ends. In this game, health can be replenished.
- Core Gameplay Mechanic #6 – Low / Critical Health
- When the Character(Hero)’s health reach 20% and below, health bar icon will be a little brighter and player should find a health pack to buy more time. This signals to the player that the Character(Hero) is in low health to signify to the player that the health has reached a critical stage. The Character(Hero) will be destroy when its health reaches 0% and Win / Game over panel will be displayed.
- Core Gameplay Mechanic #7 – Enemies
- Dog Robots
- Laser Canons
- explosion traps
Core Gameplay Mechanic #8 – Scoring System
- Scoring system will be on Destroying “Enemies”. and it will be counted as your record.
Core Gameplay Mechanic #9 –Status Trigger
- Communication Triggers
- When the player does something wrong, the game will communicate failure to the player by having a side character pop out from either one of the bottom two corners of the game screen. The side character will display visual and audio feedbacks to the player in terms of failure, either positive or negative ones depending on the state.
- Win / Game Over Screen Statistics
- When the player wins / loses a level, they will be brought to a Win / Game Over screen. If the player wins in any level, they will be brought to the same winning screen but there is a bonus screen that it comes before winning screen and it has different number depend on the level that player wins, but If the player loses, the player will be brought to the same losing screen no matter which level players in.